March is here and there is a little more information to share regarding the Newbees Golf program. If you are thinking about learning to golf, JUST DO IT! Our first meeting will be the first week of May (day and time TBD) at the club house and we will have lessons once a week from then until the end of September. The cost will be $10 for the entire 20 week program. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn to play golf.
At our first meeting, we will go over everything you need to know before you attend the first lesson. We will meet each other, talk about the program and answer any questions you might have. We even go over what to wear, and no, you don’t need to buy golf clubs, golf shoes or any special clothes! Although, there are a lot of cute outfits out there…
This is what you need to know:
- You don’t have to have a golf membership to join us. Social members are welcome and encouraged to come. The pro shop even has clubs you can borrow.
- We will meet outside in the lower level of the clubhouse near the Pro Shop.
- Lessons will be an hour long.
- After our lesson, there is usually a non-mandatory but highly recommended “Happy Hour” in the porch outside the Bistro!
- It’s a great, cheap way to have fun learning golf and meeting other club members.
- We have four coordinators, Colleen Hummel, Mary Kendrick, Cheri Cosgrove and Donna Countryman working with our Golf Pro, Aaron Palen.
Our contact information: