We are making our way through the winter months and around the corner is spring, time to start getting more information out regarding the 2022 season of Newbees Golf. If you have been thinking about playing, but feel a bit overwhelmed at the idea, we have the solution for you! Newbees golf for women introduces us to the game in a safe and fun environment, it gives you the opportunity to meet new friends and learn the game from the ground up.
The cost to participate in this 12-week program is just $10.00 dollars and a will to have fun and learn. Classes will begin on May 10th and go through September 13th, finishing up with Graduation and 9 holes of play.
Our first time together will be a meet and greet prior to our first lesson. During this time we will go over what you need, you don’t need golf shoes, clubs or special clothing, just bring yourselves and a water bottle.
Some important things to know:
- You don’t need to have a golf membership to join us. Social members are welcomed and encouraged to participate
- You don’t need to have your own clubs, the pro shop has clubs you can borrow
- Lessons will be 1 hour on Tuesdays
- After our lesson, there is usually a non-mandatory, but highly recommended “Happy Hour”, on the porch outside of the Bistro
- It’s a great was to learn golf, have some fun and meet new friends
- We have 4 coordinators, Elisa Colkitt, Helen Czernik, Maureen Montgomery and Mary Kendrick, working with our Golf Pro, Aaron Palen
If you are interested in more information or want to sign up, please do so by sending your name, phone number and email address at DWNewbies@gmail.com.